Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Welcome to Viterbo
I finally made it to Italy! Its official I live in Viterbo, Italy! How amazing is that? There are some things here that I love and some things I find rather annoying! Let me go over them. First of all the city I live in has a city center that is surrounded by fortress walls that have been here since the medieval times! Its absolutely beautiful! Second thing I like is there are pizzerias everywhere! Since this is the only food I know how to say here that is what I have been eating for lunch and sometimes for dinner too. Thirdly I like having Cassie and Rachal here with me because they are more outgoing than me so I have met a bunch of people in my group that I probably wouldnt have talked to if it was just me! So onto a few things I dislike......um......how about not having internet access for 5 days!?! Yeah not fun at all! I had like a million e mails to take care of! (Well actually it was mostly junk mail and 3 from my mom and 1 from my sister but still.) I am not a huge fan of how late they eat here for dinner, they eat at 8 p.m. and my stomach starts growling around 5, I am gonna have to get used to that one. One other thing I dont like is how I dont know Italian at all! But this will obviously be worked on everyday! I can already say a few words I didnt know before! And my Italian class starts tomorrow! I am so excited to learn the language! Last thing that has been annoying, my adapter broke. I tried to use a blow dryer, WORST IDEA EVER!!! So it broke my adapter I think, I borrowed Cassies and made the electricity go off in my room and my straightner broke so my hair has been looking funky for a while. Well that is the beginning of my adventures while I am here in Italy! I am sure plenty more are coming!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
ahhh!! Im so glad you made it safely. Ive been checking your blog everyday hoping you would have posted. I almost called your parents to see if you arrived safely. Got your email. thanks.
I have been waiting for you to post! I am soooo excited for you! When I went to Italy, eating at the Pizzerias were the best thing ever. Make sure to get some gelato too! I want to see pictures of the fortress walls...and I am sorry about the adaptor! Eeek.
Post a Comment