Saturday, January 31, 2009

Two Favorites!!!

So as I said below my 2 favorite classes are Italian Gardens and Italian Cuisine! I am going to go into some detail as to what we did in these two classes this past week. On wednesday night we had Italian Cuisine and it was at our teacher's home. Her and her husband help us cook and eat the meal! So first off she talked about the region Lazio which is where Viterbo and Rome are located and she told us some history and what foods and wine are typical of this region! Then we went into the kitchen and she showed us some of the stuff that was already prepared and some we got to help make a little. Our first course was bruschetta but not like the bruschetta you typically get in an Italian American restaurant, this was just the bread with olive oil that our teacher had harvested herself in october! It was delicious! Next course was chick peas and chestnut soup, also delicious! 3rd course was pasta that is typical to the Lazio region, can't remember the name when I can I will tell you! Fourth course was pork with this sage leaf on top of it, also very appetizing! Fifth course was 3 different kinds of cheese and finally for the dessert we had biscotti that you could dip in wine, I just ate it plain and it was still great! And then there were 4 different wines that went with the meal 2 red and 2 white, I of course didn't have any but it was cool to learn which wines go good with what. Then thursday we had Italian Gardens learned about these 2 gardens which we then visited on friday the first was in Frascati and it was a villa at the top of a hill that had fountains in the back and the villa itself was beautiful to look at, nobles still live there so a lot of it is closed off to the public. Our next stop was in Tivoli to visit Villa D'Este which is this villa overlooking the city and the garden is built on this extremely steep slope! It was so beautiful! Everything was so green and the historical fountains were amazing to look at! There was one fountain called the organ fountain that from the water pressure it plays the organ! It was so cool to see and hear! I can't wait for our next field trips! I hope they are amazing as this one!
Here are some pictures from my 2 favorite classes!
The Cuisine Class minus Rachal!
Cassie and Me at Villa D'Este

The Organ Fountain

Jenny, Amy, Cassie, Rachal, Me, and Beth at Villa D'Este

The hundred fountains at Villa D'Este

5 comments:

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Villa D'Este was so amazing. I have a ton of pretty pictures from there. I am so happy you get to experience this!

What fun classes!

Bethany said...

Um have you just been everywhere that I am going to go?! What the heck?! I didn't even know this about you! haha yeah I love these two classes and they have the same teacher! I am sad though because the cuisine class is only like 5 classes!

Whitney said...

Okay when you were describing the food... I was totally salivating. Could it be lunch time? I cant wait for you to come home and cook for me.:)

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Bethany...yes. I have kinda been everywhere. Except I went when I didn't care about this stuff! I am a fool.

Shannon said...

Okay first of all where the heck are you........and second awesome music on your blog page I couldn't concentrate cause I was dancing!!! ha-ha. How the heck are you. It sure looks like you are having the time of your life. I need to keep reading so I can find out more of what is going on with you. Take care talk to you soon.