Friday, August 7, 2009

Boring.

Lately I have been feeling like my life is the most boring and worthless thing ever! I have officially today been home from Europe for 2 months and am missing my life there desperately! While I was in Europe I had the most exciting life I have ever had! I traveled all over an amazing country, I spoke another language fairly well for not ever knowing it before, I looked the best I had ever looked, I met people from all over the world, and I traveled to 9 countries within 5 months! Now that I am home I am unemployed, fat, losing my italian and bored out of my mind! My plan of attack when I got home was to get a job, save money for a semester, and then go to culinary school. Well my plan changed...I am unable to get a job because every employer in the east valley decides to ignore my generic online application that I am sure they receive from millions of people. (I don't blame them how can you make a meaningful impression for a job online?) Secondly, I decided I like cooking but would rather devote my self to a career of travel, so I have decided to change my major to Hotel and Restaurant Management with an emphasis on international travel. However, the advisors at NAU decided that they didn't really want to help me out until 2 weeks before school starts, so I could be potentially unemployed and not fulfilling my new major requirements because of lack of communication on NAU advisors part. Hopefully next week when I call back the advisor who actually responded to me, I can figure out my life and be on a track to a more exciting life than I have had this summer.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Life right now seems so monotenous. I feel ya girl. We starting a craft club if you want to be invited you totally are.

P.s- You rock my world.

Elspeth said...

I completely understand. Life never seems to be as satisfying as you want it to be. But, hey, you'll find a job, or you'll figure out school and then you can go see what NAU is all about!

Chelsee Bingham said...

I'm totally jealous of you!! I wish I could travel to 9 countries in 5 months! How awesome would that be! I've always wanted to do something like that back in the day.

Nancy Face said...

Real life can be so UGH sometimes, but things will get better! :)