Friday, July 31, 2009

Ghetto-Fabulous

Yesterday I made a short road trip to Tucson to help my BFF move back to Mesa after living in Tuscon for 4 years. I have made many road trips to this ghetto-fabulous(best word(s) to describe it) town and every time have had so much fun! This time was no different, I got there and we went out to eat at a mexican restaurant with the rudest waitress ever who seriously had issues with splitting a check 3 ways. We visited the walmart, spent some money I don't have, then headed back to Elspeth's (BFF) apartment for a serious 4 hour dance party! Found out I can seriously shake my butt just like Beyonce (almost)! Since all the other girls had already moved out of the apartment, the only furniture left was a sofa, a nightstand, and a picnic table and benches. I had to sleep on the floor which was concrete, but Elspeth did give me pillows off the sofa to put underneath me which helped my upper and lower half of my body just not my hips! This morning we packed all of her stuff (which was a TON!) into her mini-van and my Ford Escape. While packing these two guys wearing pretty decent clothes came to the dumpster at the apartment complex and started foraging for who knows what. One actually jumped inside the dumpster and went deep down in to find stuff. He came out with laundry detergent, soap, and a cooking pan and some other random things, they dug through that trash can for a LONG time! I came to the conclusion that they were probably going to make meth. Only in Tucson would you see this at 9 am on a friday. It was one of the funnier things I have ever seen in my life! The thing I love about road tripping it to Tucson is that you see and do the most random things that keep you entertained while you are here! Tucson is just so ghetto-fabulous in my mind!

4 comments:

Elspeth said...

Hell yeah it's ghetto FABULOUS! I love Tucson and I loved our dance party and all the other great times we've had down there! A-MA-ZA-ZING!!

Whitney said...

Did elspeth just say Hell?

Chelsee Bingham said...

Thanks for the comment about Paisley! She does have some olive skin! What a fun trip to tucson. Man, gotta love those Trash Diggers!!!

Nancy Face said...

Holy dumpster diving!