Friday, August 28, 2009

Hotel Vs. Hostel

While traveling through Europe I stayed in many hostels, some were sketch, most were decent, and a few I would highly recommend to anyone traveling! I am going to San Diego in a few weeks and do NOT want to pay for a hotel! I am jobless and therefore completely broke because I spent the first half of the year blowing my money on all things European. Totally worth it though. Anyways I was thinking what if I stayed in a hostel in San Diego! Great idea! I did it a lot in Europe I never felt unsafe in the hostels, and they were cheap, so why not?! I looked on a website I have grown fond of www.hostelworld.com, I found a hostel for $21 a night, with free parking, breakfast included, and I could stay in an all female dorm room. So why not! It sounds perfect....well I have never heard of anyone staying in hostels in the United States, before I looked I didn't even know we had them! I am still debating whether or not I should do it. It would be so much cheaper than a hotel and staying in a hostel you get to meet other travelers around your same age doing the same thing you are! I think that was my favorite part of the hostels in Europe, I met so many people from all over the world! My one regret was not hanging out with a few of them, but next time I go to Europe I will definitely get to know my roommates better! If anyone has ever stayed in a hostel in the United States let me know what you thought and if it's a good idea to do so!

4 comments:

✩Molly✩ said...

Hey, we dont know each other, but i found you on Lindsey Layton's blog. My friend Stayed in a Hostel in San Diego, and really enjoyed it. Actually he loved being out there so much, he moved out there, but he was telling me how cheap it was staying out there. He also um didnt have much money when he was out there, so was glad to find a way to live relatively free, and just spend a whole lot of time on the beach and spending time working on his music, and performing.

Hope this helps.

Whitney said...

We have them in the US? say what?

Emily said...

does your sister in law have an email i can send a few questions to? would she be cool with that?

Nancy Face said...

I never had any idea what a hostel was until reading your blog! Yay for learning new stuff! :)