Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Munich

I was in Munich, Germany from June 1st-June 4th. The first day we got there we took it easy because we had to be on a night train from Paris and it was very difficult to sleep. We ended up seeing a movie that night and eating at the restaurant in the hostel, it was pretty good. The next day we went on a free walking tour of Munich. We were guided by this guy named Luke from England who sounded just like the voice from The Fabulous Life on VH1 no joke! It was hilarious! He also reminded me of a friend I went to high school with. He was really good and told us the history of things in Munich, which I did not realize there was so much of! So many things that had to do with WWII happened in Munich. That night we made two friends who were staying in our hostel in the same room as us, so we went to a beergarten for dinner with them. The next day we went on a caslte tour in Bavaria! It was amazing! I loved the castles we got to see, one of the castles is the one Walt Disney based the Sleeping Beauty Castle off of in Disneyland! It was so much fun to be able to go and see it in person! The next day we walked around Munich ourselves and did some shopping and I mailed some postcards, we also went to the BMW Museum. That night we had quite a stir in our room, this girl came in at 5 in the morning and brought some guy in with her and started doing the big nasty right there in the room with 12 other people in there! Luckily I slept through the whole thing but poor Cassie heard everything! I woke up to our new friends yelling at them and them running out of the room! Anyways it was interesting to say the least staying in hostels! We had to go back to Berlin the next day to catch a flight back to Rome to return to the U.S. Well this is my last post about my adventures in Europe..well until I get to go back again! It was the most amazing experience I have ever had and I am so glad that I got to do it! I really am the luckiest girl in the world! I can't wait to travel some more!
Here are some pics from Munich:
The Glockenspiel
Maypole
The main square
Our tour guide Luke
The street that Nazi's would gather for Hitler's speeches
Hitler stood in between those two lions to give his speeches
Neuschwanstein Castle
Neuschwanstein Castle
Neuschwanstein Castle
Windows on the castle
Hohenschwangau Castle
BMW Museum
BMW Museum
BMW Museum

3 comments:

The Clarks said...

Hey girl! I'm glad you made a comment! Now I can add you to my list of friends! Looks like you guys had a blast in Europe...you home now?

Bethany said...

Yep been home for a month now..it just took me forever to blog about the last 3 weeks! It was so much fun! If you ever get the chance to travel Europe do it!

Nancy Face said...

AWESOME pictures! :)

I can't even believe those scandalous people at your hostel, YIKES! :0