Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Roma, Tarrochi, e Milano
So this past week I had a field trip to Rome for my survey of art class, a field trip to the Tarrochi Garden for my italian gardens class, and a trip to Milan. Okay so survey of art had a lecture class on monday which I missed because I was flying back from Oslo that day, but it turns out that almost everybody didn't go besides 3 people. (good job USAC for scheduling class the day after Easter break) Anyways so none of us knew our teacher, so we are taken to this American Academy of Art in Rome and of course our teacher is not there yet. So we have to wait and when she finally does get there she doesn't introduce herself to us at all, she just starts talking to the guy that is going to take us to his studio. So we go in there and he tells us about the project he is working on that got him into the academy and our teacher(still don't know her name btw) keeps asking the same questions over and over and then tells us to ask questions but we have no idea why we are here and what we are supposed to ask about...no one was in class on monday duh! So we go into another studio and there are pictures all over the walls so its obvious this guy is a photographer. Our teacher straight up asks him what his line of work is....seriously?! You can't tell? He looked at her like she was retarded! It was hilarious! After that we went to this Italian students studio and showed us this weird project she was working on that didn't look like art to me. Anyways after that we walked into this room with this big wooden structure that yet again just looked like a random thing not art. After that we left and me, Cassie, and Rachal went to the Hard Rock Cafe and got dinner. Friday we had a field trip to the Tarrochi Garden for our gardens class. The garden was cool, it is based on the 21 tarot cards and in class our teacher had given us each a card to research and see if we could find it in the garden. Mine was pretty obvious it was one of the bigger sculptures. I will have to post pics of it when I get a chance. Then saturday me and Rachal flew to Milan from Rome the flight was supposed to be an hour and 15 minutes and ended up only taking about 55 minutes. That day we checked into our hostel and then went to see the duomo in Milan, it is really pretty but there were so many people in the piazza because it was a national holiday, their liberation day when they were freed from the Nazi's and so they were celebrating that and had a parade and tons of people and some guy talking over a loudspeaker. Too crowded for my taste! So we walked along the expensive street with the first Prada store ever, got dinner, and then went to bed early. Sunday we went to the International Furniture Fair they have in Milan every year. It was really cool to see all the furniture they have but kind of overwhelming at the same time because there was so much to see! After we had had enough of the fair we went back to the duomo piazza and saw the La Scala Opera House, which was kind of lame. We couldn't go in because you need tickets to see a show and those are expensive! Oh and it basically rained the entire time we were there except for the day we got there! So that was really fun! NOT! Monday we got up and headed got breakfast and then made our way back to the airport kind of early because there was a mall across the street from it. I ended up buying a really cute purse there and Rachal got a dress! Then we went to the airport and had to wait a while before it was our flight. When we got to Rome it was pouring and windy! And the rain has not stopped since! I never thought I would say I was sick of the rain but I am! Overall the weekend was okay, not the best one I have ever had, Milan was a little bit of a disapointment I thought it was going to be cooler than it was but oh well the Furniture Fair was great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment