Monday, April 6, 2009

Earthquake

Last night at about 3:30 in the morning I woke up to my dorm building shaking. I thought I was dreaming and faintly remember thinking the word earthquake but wasn't sure what was really happening. I looked at my phone and read the time and thought I don't have to get a up for another 4 hours. When I woke up this morning a few of my friends in class asked if I had felt the earthquake last night and then I knew I had not been dreaming. This is the first time I have ever witnessed a natural disaster or been directly affected by it. It happened in L'Aquila Italy which is about 90 miles southwest of Viterbo. There was a lot of damage done to that area of Italy and the death toll keeps rising as the day goes on. There are about 1500 injured and 150 dead at this point and could continue to rise as the hours go on. I am very lucky to have just felt the earthquake slightly and not been in the actual damage of it. Keep your prayers and your thoughts on the people of L'Aquila and the surrounding areas.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

K that is the freakiest thing EVER.. I am glad that you are safe and having so much fun.. have you seen mel yet?