Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekend in Tuscany!

Well this week went by so fast!!! I had 2 tests and a sketchbook to do that I never actually ended up having to turn in! Thursday night after all my classes I played soccer with a few kids from my program and 2 Polish boys! It was way fun and I was extremely sore afterwards!! Anyways Friday came very quickly for me and I had a Gardens trip to Pienza which is in Tuscany and about a 2 hour bus ride! It was this palace that was built on a hill and a small garden in front of it over looking an amazing view! It was a short tour and we were allowed to walk around Pienza until about 2. Me, Cassie and Rachal had decided to go to Siena which is also in Tuscany and just stay the night! So we had a little trouble finding a place open to buy a bus ticket but finally did it and the bus ride was about an hour! The scenery as we were driving to Siena was absolutely gorgeous! Just rolling hills of green with houses every few miles! Amazing! Well when we got to Siena I think we got off the bus a little too early and ended up having to walk a little ways but found a Ipercoop which is the big grocery store here and got some food to tide us over! After that we found the train station and got a taxi to our hostel which was a little far away from everything but that is okay it was the cheapest one in Siena! Our room which was more like a walk in closest had 3 beds and a sink! It was kind of nice just having the room to ourselves! That night we walked to the city center which took about 40 minutes because we had no idea where we were going! And we ate dinner there in the main piazza! Cheese Ravioli! It was delicious but not enough food! After dinner we decided to walk back to our hostel to get some rest! The next morning we were provided with breakfast which was either coffee or hot chocolate and bread with butter and jam! No joke....lamest breakfast ever! Anyways after breakfast we decided to walk to the left of our hostel to check out some cool scenery of Siena which we saw a little bit of and then checked out at like 9. We hopped on a bus to the city center and went shopping and saw the Duomo and the main piazza where horse racing goes on in the summer! My cuisine/gardens teacher asked me to buy her something for the Cuisine class so I did and had to carry it around all day so hopefully I get an extra piece if its good! ha! There isn't a bunch to do in Siena so we decided to get on a 2:30 train to come home and got back in Viterbo around 6. Today was really relaxing! I slept in, did laundry and got to talk to my mom, dad, and sister Carrie! 3 weeks in a row of talking to my dad!!! Well this week seems like it should be really low key as
well!

Famous Piazza in Siena

Pretty Tuscan Sunset

Tuscany

No comments: