Wednesday, February 11, 2009

FOOD!!!!!

Wednesday night is cuisine night!!! Well only 5 times throughout the semester but those 5 are going to be my favorite wednesdays!!! So tonight we had to give presentations about different regions of Italy and mine was on Sardegna but I didn't actually have to present because 2 other people had mine and it rotates on who presents in class! But we ate some bread from my region called Pane Carseau, it is known as shephard's bread because shephards used to take it with them while they would travel and needed it to last a long time, so it is a crispy bread! It would be really good with nutella!!! haha!!! While waiting for the ricotti to be prepared, which by the way I am the one who stirred it for 20 minutes and the teacher told me I did it better than the class the night before, we had beans and spek. The beans were really good and the spek was very chewy, Cassie couldn't finish hers because she said it reminded her of bacon bits that you give to dogs!! haha! Then we made ricotta with squid, and put the black ink in with it! This concept was not apealing to me at all but since I am somewhere new I need to try everything that is thrown my way so I tried it and it was not bad! I didn't love it but I could eat it without gagging! Then after that we had goulache, which is like beef stew with polenta. This was pretty good! I wasn't crazy about the polenta but the beef stew was really good!!! Then we had 2 different cheeses Asiago and Bastardo de veneto which were both really good!! Then we made tiramisui for dessert and she had other little pastries that are common in Venice around Carnevale, all the dessert was yummy!!! I loved it all!!
My Meal:

Black Squid Ricotta

Goulache

Cheeses

Tiramisui

No comments: