Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Summer of 2011

Well it's been awhile but I am back! Well my "last" summer came and went and it wasn't as great as I thought it might be, there were no random road trips, barely time for friends, and working my butt off like there was no tomorrow. I was fortunate enough that my oldest brother took pity on me and gave me a job this summer. It was pretty easy work but then add the sun and heat and getting in and out of hot cars all day made it extremely hard work. I was also very fortunate that the CPA I worked for last year wanted me to come work for her for 2 months out of the summer!

Anyways something really sad and devastating happened at the Finn house this summer, our beloved dog Jack had to be put down due to old age and health issues. He was the best dog and was there for my formative years so I was extremely upset but knew it was the best thing to do for him. I will miss this dog every day for the rest of my life! He was so special to our family and such a big part of it, he was so protective of his family and territory. I just love this dog so much and am so sad that he had to pass away but he lived a great 12 and half years and will be missed! We still have our two girls Jasmine (10) and Jadey (6) and love them too! They are both doing really well!
On a happier note my brother Danny got married this past July in Boise, Idaho. The whole Finn gang made it up for the special day and just to let you know there is a little bit of picture overload so sorry for that.
Everyone was there on the Thursday before the wedding, some people got their a couple days earlier but the wedding activities started Thursday with my mother offering to help bake cakes at Megan's mothers house. Which we didn't realize was her house at first and my mom thought it was adorable and had to have a picture of it! haha We then had a BBQ at Megan's dad's house in Mountain Home, Idaho. His house was cute too and they have cats, dogs, and horses so they have a huge backyard and front yard for that matter, so all the kids LOVED it!
Roman, Ava, and Lilly drove this thing around the house a million times!
Megan with her dogs and friends puppy which....
Lilly proceeded to attach herself too!

The next night was a meet and greet at this bar/restaurant in downtown Boise with hors d'oeuvres and drinks. So we stayed and chatted with some people and a few of Danny's really good friends were able to make it for this activity and the wedding, which was great!

Saturday was the day of the wedding and it was at this ski resort outside of Boise called Bogus Basin Ski Resort. The drive up the mountain to this location was terrifying and made 3 girls including myself carsick, it was not a fun ride up there!

This altar was handmade and Megan, her mother, sister in laws and friends helped put together all the flower arrangements.
All the Finn girls (except Megan), I just realized we didn't take a picture of all the boys haha
Ryan's family! Aren't their kids the cutest!
The Newlyweds!
Chris's beautiful family!
The Wedding Party. Chris (Best Man), Megan (Bride, obviously), Dan (Groom), and Candace (Maid of Honor)
The couples first dance! My brother actually looked pretty good out there...apparently Megan made him practice! ha
Lilly LOVES her cousin Maggie and is always wanting to hold her!
Check it my parents went out and danced! My dad's new hip is working excellently!

The amazing cakes that Megan's sister in law Julie made...ALL of them!

So the wedding was fun and I am so happy for Danny and Megan, they are such a perfect fit! We were all able to go to San Diego over labor day weekend for the first San Diego State University game and it was so much fun getting to see their house all done up and made a home! And too see their four "kids", they have 2 dogs and 2 cats.

Anyways that is how my summer was and I am actually going on quite a few trips this semester so I am sure I will be blogging a little more frequently than every 4 months! Hope everyone had a great summer!

2 comments:

Holly said...

haha I love how your last post was about last summer. The wedding looked fun! megan's pretty! And that's so super lame that we didn't get to road trip it anywhere. That's okay though cause some january we're going to the ellen show.....not! haha

Whitney said...

Im sorry about Jack. But happy Danny got married. I think my favorite line of this whole post was " My dads hip is working Excellently". I chuckled. I dont know why.