The month of December was not quite as crazy as my November, but it was a close second. I ended school at the beginning of the month and got straight A's! Something I haven't done since like Elementary school. Not that I get bad grades I usually just get a mixture of A's and B's and the occasional C. I was super happy about getting straight A's! Anyway preparing for Christmas is always fun and stressful, we bake goodies for our neighbors and friends and that is always a marathon! My brother Danny was able to come home this year for Christmas for the first time in years! It was awesome having everyone together and welcoming two new members! Danny is engaged and brought his fiance home for Christmas! Her name is Megan and we are so excited they are getting married July 9th in Idaho! Also my brother Ryan and his wife had a little baby girl on December 12th, they named her Maggie! Roman their 4 year old loves being a big brother, he would barely let anyone hold Maggie at the hospital it was adorable! During Christmas our house becomes sort of a winter wonderland, I took pictures this year to show everybody how into Christmas we get around here! These pictures are just a sample of all the directions we have everywhere!
Christmas Pictures:
This is our advent calendar that my mom has had since all of us were little. We always put all the Christmas cards everyone sends us up around it.
This bathroom is always decorated with snowmen, and the soap dispenser sings Frosty the Snowman when you push it to get soap.
This is a close up of our Winter Village that stays up for 2 months! December and January!
I just think this is so pretty! And Jesus stays up year round!
Our Christmas tree with out of control presents! It gets worse and worse every year!
Now for the outside. Our front porch

My mom has had these lollipops for awhile now and they were starting to look old and beaten up so she bought some fabric and ribbon and made them look new again!

The small part of our front yard

This is a portion of our large part of the front yard. My mom loves dogs and those two and the presents were a new addition to our yard this year.
Jimmy Eat World at their best!
I have a few New Year's Goals not all of which I'll share on here but the couple that I really hope I accomplish are....
Happy New Year!
My mom has had these lollipops for awhile now and they were starting to look old and beaten up so she bought some fabric and ribbon and made them look new again!
The small part of our front yard
This is a portion of our large part of the front yard. My mom loves dogs and those two and the presents were a new addition to our yard this year.
I realize that it's not very dark in the pictures, but it was the only time I got around to taking them! I love how festive we get!
Well Happy New Year!
I can't believe it's 2011 already! 2 years ago this time I was getting ready to move to Italy and now I'm getting ready to move to Flagstaff (not as drastic). I had a great New Year's Eve! I spent with a few close friends and we went to the Fiesta Bowl Block Party on Mill! We specifically went to see Jimmy Eat World! Which if you didn't know they are from Mesa and went to my high school Westwood the same time as my brother. They were fantastic live! One of the best concerts I have been too! I mean I don't go to very many but still they were awesome! There was some crazy body surfing and semi mosh pit stuff happening and I thought some girl was going to try to fight me but it all made for a good laugh at the end of the night! Going to their concert made me want to get back into their music and they have 2 other Cd's since the last one I have.
I have a few New Year's Goals not all of which I'll share on here but the couple that I really hope I accomplish are....
1. Be under a certain weight by my brother's wedding
2. Run a 5k in April with my sisters
3. Work on my scrapbook and finish all my Europe pictures by the end of the year.
Happy New Year!

3 comments:
Wow! Congrats for both Danny and Megan for their engagement! How exciting! I'm so happy for Danny! Also, I'm so glad to hear of little Maggie's safe arrival. Congrats to Ryan, Morgan and Roman on their new little precious addition! I LOVED all the pictures...especially the one with the tree. It looked like the christmas tree just barfed out a butt load of presents! AND - I'm jealous that you got to see Jimmy Eat World in concert! Lucky!
My mom use to hang up all the cards from people, and now I do that on the back of our door! I love that! And I think you should come down to Mesa as often as Emma so we can all hang out!
I should've gone with you guys to jimmy eat world! It's making me sad seeing all these decorations, I wish it was still Christmas!
Post a Comment