Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Seattle!!!

Since my blog was created for writing about traveling adventures, I should probably write about my vacation to Seattle a few weeks ago! I had the chance to visit my friend Cassie, who recently moved to Seattle for culinary school, over 10 days. I arrived June 24th and came home July 3rd. It was such a fun vacation! It was just the right amount of mixing touristy with relaxing things. The day after I got there was Cassie's birthday, so me, her, and her roommate Julia went to Pike's Place Market and spent a good amount of time there. Julia and I decided we would tell everyone we came across that it was Cassie's birthday to see how much free stuff she could get! It was really fun! Julia even had a street musician sing Happy Birthday to her! That night we went out to dinner at this really good Mexican restaurant called Cactus. Being that I was in Seattle and visiting a culinary student, I ate a ton of food, which I don't regret any of it, well except maybe the fig bruschetta! haha. Saturday Cassie and I headed down to the waterfront to walk around and check some tourist shops out! I made out so good on this trip, I had a free place to stay (Thanks so much again Cassie and Julia!), my ticket was $30 round trip (thanks mom!), and Julia works at a souvenir shop so I got a sweatshirt and magnet for $14 (you rock Julia!) So needless to say most of my money went to paying for all the yummy food I tried! Well Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday Cassie had to work, so Sunday we went to the Fremont flea market and I was in heaven! It was reminiscent of a European market, which I miss so much! Cassie came to the market with me for a little while then had to go to work. I browsed through the market for a couple hours, and explored downtown Fremont. Then I made my way over to Ballard because there was a Farmers market going on over there as well, so I walked from Fremont to Ballard which took me over an hour, but the weather was nice so I didn't mind too much! I ate lunch at this really good Italian place called Palermo's in downtown Ballard. The next day my brother Danny and his girlfriend Megan were able to drive from Idaho and spend a few days with me in Seattle! This was so much fun! I was so happy to see my brother who I don't get to see very often because he lives in Idaho and finally meet his girlfriend! She met my whole family while I was in Italy! The first day they were in Seattle we went to the Ballard Locks and Fish Ladder, where the salmon make the trek upstream from the ocean back into the lake. We then hung out until dinner with her friends who all live in Seattle. It was nice because me and my brother were able to catch up a lot at dinner. The next day was my ultimate tourist day! Danny, Megan, and I bought a city pass and did the Space Needle, the Pacific Science Center, The Harbor Cruise Tour, the Seattle Aquarium and the Experience Music Project/Science Fiction Museum. It was an exhausting day but a lot of fun! The next day Cassie had off so we all went out to breakfast together at this delicious place called The Dish in Fremont. Danny and Megan headed back to Idaho that morning and Cassie and I babysat her niece Maci. After we were done babysitting we went and saw Eclipse. Thursday Cassie had to babysit her niece and another little girl named Elvie, so we took them to the Woodland Park Zoo, which was also a attraction on the city pass, which Seattle's Zoo is pretty cool! They had some neat animals there! Friday we decided to do Theo's Chocolate Factory Tour, this was probably one of my favorite things we did! The tour was extremely informative and the chocolate was delicious and you get to sample a lot at the low price of $6! The actual chocolate bars are pretty expensive but sooo good! After the tour we headed over to Bainbridge Island just to walk around and check it out, the downtown had some cute shops in it and I got a really cute address book! The next day was my last day so I just relaxed and got ready to go home! It was so much fun seeing Cassie and meeting her sister, niece and roommate! They were all great! I had a ton of fun! It was a great vacation! Sorry this post is so long but I was there for 10 days! haha
Here are some pictures from my trip:
Cassie's birthday at Pike's Place










The waterfront


Fremont Market


Chocolate Tour


Ballard Locks and Fish Ladder


Space Needle




Pacific Science Center

Harbor Cruise



Experience Music Project/Science Fiction Museum



Horrible Depictions of Jacob and Edward


On the ferry to Bainbridge Island


Bainbridge Island


5 comments:

Kira said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a blast! I've always wanted to go to Pike's Fish Market and see them throw the fishes and stuff. And I'm jealous of all the delicious food you got to try...haha!

JMay said...

How fun! I've never been to Seattle, always wanted to!

Nice pics :-)

Tracy said...

I have that exact picture of me sitting on that brass pig!!!! ha ha ha. This made me miss Seattle and want to visit real bad!
Glad you had a good time.

Camille said...

Hooray, Seattle! Gray skies are my favourite, Seattle's and Portland's among my top. Glad you had a fun hoorah.

Unknown said...

isn't washington just magical!?! my husband and i went earlier this year and i can't wait to go back!